2. Making the Candles
• Prep your surface (use either newspaper, wax paper, or a towel you’re not planning on reusing)
• Set your oven to 150 to 170 F or just warm it up if your oven doesn’t have that low of a feature.
• Line up your candle jars on a cookie sheet and heat them up in the oven. This will help prevent cracking and breaking when the wax is poured into them.
• Grab a pan, fill it half way with water. Set it on the stove to boil. Grab a glass measuring cup, fill it with wax and put the measuring cup into boiling pot of water on the stove. Wait for wax to melt about 7-10 minutes.
• Turn off stove and remove pan with measuring cup still in the water. Chose your favorite essential oil and add it to the hot wax. (Add one part candle fragrance for every four parts wax). If you want a “pretty” candle add some food coloring to the hot wax.
• Grab your candle jars and place a dot of hot glue in the center of the jar (this is for the woodwick) then proceed to pour hot wax into the jars with the woodwicks. Let the jars and wax sit for at least 24 hours to harden.
Need more help? Check out this video: