2. Glazing the Paint

(Your reaction) Thank you!

Okay, okay, this is also known as frottaging, but I'm too juvenile and couldn't outright say that. It's a painting technique too, you see, and it's gorgeous. You're essentially glazing your paint, as you take a piece of paper, paint it with a colored glaze, and then press that paper to a base coat covered wall. You'll end up with a worn, slightly distressed, really organic look. The glaze will look a bit mottled on the wall. What's neat is that you could also paint a square of lace, some burlap, or something like that, and really experiment with this technique.

Please rate this article
(click a star to vote)